BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stop to Smell the Lilies


Today I worked on a scrapbook layout of my dog Buddy from when he was a puppy. I am very pleased with my layout. I normally I'm not a flowery person but for my birthday and christmas I received a lot of flowers and I had some of my own that I figured I should start to use.


For the good stuff: The photo corners on the main image of Buddy are from Scrapbook Flair free digital kit Sundrenched (they have a bunch of digital freebies and digital kits you can buy but I downnload the freebies and being I'm not a digital scrapbooker I print the embellishments and paper for my own scrapbooks) when I printed the photo corners they were bigger then I wanted so I shrunk them down on my scanner. The organge flowery paper is from DCWV Everyday paper packet (great paper packet it has 360 sheets of paper for every thing you can imagine plus I got it for a great deal on sale). The solid yellow paper I got along time ago at http://www.scrapbooks.com/ its the Pear Yellow Flecks. I printed the title on my computer using a free font I downloaded from the web called Leaf 1 and I printed that onto vellum . Used various flowers and brads. The oval journal box was made using the cricut George cart and then I handwrote the journaling with a SU Marker in the color of Really Rust. The basic idea of the layout came from Valerie's Sketches #19. I was orginally going to follow her sketch to a tee but then Jeff moved my layout and I was able with the shift it made and here we are with this design. LOL!


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job - its a lovely warm page and your dog is gorgeous. :)
Vanessa.

Card~I~ology Creations said...

cute.. love your use of colors..

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

aww i was @ ur house when u made that!!that came out cute sis

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the dog.