BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake Page

I made this strawberry shortcake page for a friend, I hope she likes it. I covered the little girl's face and name for privacy reasons. It reminds me of when I was a little girl I dressed up as strawberry shortcake for halloween (I had a different costume) and I won first place at the VFW. I should pull the picture of me out and make a page. LOL!

At first I was going to use pink and red colored cardstock but then I came across this pattern paper in Michaels that was a must have. The Strawberry Shortcake title and Strawberry Shortcake in the Left hand corner are paper piecings. I was looking for Strawberry shortcake embellishments with no luck when I came across a coloring book in the dollar store. The strawberry on the title and right hand side of the page is from Animal Kingdom Cricut Cartridge I cut out the cows head cut off the ears and flipped it over so the features didn't show and drew seeds on it (this wasn't my original idea but I'm sorry I don't recall whose idea it was). The flowers in the corner are flowers are stamped on pink cardstock in Pixie Pink Stampin Up Ink and the flower is from the Stampin Up Friendship Blooms stamp set that was offered during Sale A Bration promotion.

9 comments:

Annie said...

How cute! I love Strawberry Shortcake, in fact I still have her and Blueberry Muffin from my childhood.

Card~I~ology Creations said...

very cute.. Love the layout and the embellishment.

Anonymous said...

never been a strawberry shortcake fan...probably because every time i smell fake peach(apricot), i instantly remember my sister and all of her SS dolls when we were little. that peach(apricot) doll stunk!!! i only have a son, so i don't get to do pink layouts very often--yours is really cute! great job!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Adorable!!I was strawberry shortcake when I was a kid, too!!!
my daughter has a video game and we play it all the time, brings back memories!!!!LOL
TFS

Lee said...

Oh how precious is that!!! I remember my sister and cousin collected every single one of these!! What a sweet page!!

Crystal Ware said...

This is so cute Chrissy! I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little!

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous and cute Chrissy! I loved strawberry shortcake when i was a girl. :)

Vanessa.

Stampin' Meg said...

Ohhh that's super cute!

Ellie said...

LOL you know when I was little they use to call me Strawberry shortcake! lol I have freakles and my hair was redish brown.. I would hear in the playground.. Strawberry Shortcake cream on top tell me the name of your sweetheart.. lol.. and I saw you tagged me! For a minute I thought you tagged me twice! LOL!!! ((HUGS)) early in the AM I'm anwering them and writing back to your email! I got SU goodies today so you know what I've been doing!! (SMMMMMMMMMMMMMMILE)

-Ellie