BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Technique - Cuttlebug Embossed Bday Card


First I want to say that I cased the basic card idea from Virgo5 on SplitCoastStampers (click for her card). On SplitCoast Stampers they had a technique where you ink up the negative part of your cuttlebug embossing folder (that's the side with the cuttlebug logo on it) and I love the look. To check out the full instructions go to Split Coast Stampers . My card looks more colorful in person then in the picture.


Card recipe:

Stamp set: SU Birthday Whimsy (no longer available)
Inks: SU Pixie Pink (on the one balloon ,on the embossing folder, and on the Happy Birthday saying), SU Purely Pomegrantate, the green is from a Color Box Ink wheel (non SU).
Other accessories: balloon ribbons are floss (they matched well), Pattern paper is Sandylion Wide Stripes, Green cardstock non SU, eyelet non SU, Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder, SU Certainly Celery ribbon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you made!!The card is beautiful!!!!Great job!TFS

Annie said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing the technique, I hadn't seen this one before. Now I've got one more reason to love my Cuttlebug!

Lee said...

Beautiful job with this challenge!!! I also really enjoyed that one!!! It gives such a different look!! This card is just so lovely with the colors you used too!!

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!=] I luv the background n how it cums out!

Elisabeth said...

Awesome job! I love that technique. I'm going to have to give it a whirl!