BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Scrappin #47/Taylored Cupcake Sketch

I can not say this week went fast at all the work week dragged and of course the weekend flies by. If you haven't already checked out the Sunday Scrappin Meme, you must. It's a great way to take focus on your craft goals, you post your Ta Da's and your week's Ta Do's and if you don't stick to your goal for the week no pressure. Come on over and join us.

First I want to thank everyone who gave my sister Kayla a big warm welcome to Sunday Scrappin last week. She's looking forward to participating more in Sunday Scrappin and crafting more. She won't be joining us this week being she was busy with school and family this past week she didn't get a moment to create anything but she will be back with us next Sunday. For those that did welcome her last week she has a special post on her blog for you.

Ta Da's

I really didn't have a crafty week neither. I have been battling a cold and just not up to much lately. This time of year really dampens my spirits due to the lost of our son. But last night I stayed up late making a card and doing the Sunday Scrappin Challenge. No way could I come here and not share anything.



This card is okay. The sketch is from this weeks Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. The stamp is of a Hershey kiss that I got when we went to the Big E Fair. The silver Hershey kiss is a brad. The letters are alphabet Christmas stickers.


I bought a package of binder clips (they had about 10 different sizes in the package for $1 at Dollar Tree). I bought them awhile back to alter. I thought this would be perfect for this week's Sunday Scrappin Challenge. These would be great to put on your desk to hold a picture or an important reminder. This literally took me less then 5 minutes to make. I also decorated the back (it looks the same as the front). I may make some for Christmas gifts with a christmasy look or everyday style. (yes Kayla maybe you will get one for Christmas if your a good girl).


To Do's

* I have some trick or treat buckets I want to decorate
* Need to start my Christmas card list to see how many I need
* Make sure I have enough Halloween/Thanksgiving cards made (I don't make many of them)
* Start thinking/working on Christmas Cards
* Take part in challenges I've been neglecting
* Get together with my sister and craft
* Make a layout

This week's Sunday Scrappin Challenge is a color challenge. make the majority of your project the color orange. It's a great fall color, but one a lot of us don't use often. Do you have a fall scrapbook page to work on? A Halloween card to make? A recipe to scrap? I think I can handle this. LOL!

9 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! What great coordination of the kiss stamped background, the kiss brad, and the 'kissmas' sentiment! :)

Wani said...

Love love love the Kiss Card!! Sooo cute and clever!!

Gwen said...

Hey great job on the sketch! and I just love your little clip! so stinkin cute!!

Forgetfulone said...

I can't wait to see your trick-or-treat buckets! I wish I was better at that type of craft. Your binder clip is darling, and I LOVE the Hershey Kiss card. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it! I have no idea why you aren't ecstatic with it.

Melanie H said...

Your card and clip are gorgoeus Chrissy, you sure are talented to think of altering the bulldog clip.

Hope you have a good week ahead and just wanted to give you a (((((HUG))))) Im thinking of you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

As always, you are a tough self-critic!! I love the hershey kiss card and that binder clip is so cool---what a fun idea!

I will send you some extra special good thoughts and hugs because it sounds like you could use them. ((Chrissy)).

Rebecca said...

Great work! Love the altered clip - never thought of that. I think they would make cute gifts! ((hugs)) to you as you grieve such a loss, I can't imagine. I hope you have a good week and enjoy crafty therapy.

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

ha kiss-miss haha good one=]
i love that paper clip!
I like the paperclip because it somthing differnt=]

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

Thanks for wellcoming me=]