BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dog Cards

This weeks challenge at Crafty Creations (formerly known as SBS18 Challenges) is a Dog/Puppy theme. Anyone who knows me or reads my blog knows I have a yellow lab dog named Buddy that I'm head over heals for (you can see pictures of him on my picture blog here). When I saw this challenge I knew I had to play along.


Santa Paws - I had this stamp in my stash for awhile and when I open the dog/cat stamp draw the light bulb lite up with this card idea. The paper is also from my stash if I recall correctly I think I got it from a swap awhile back. The Santa hat is from SU Cold Play stamp set I stamped it then cut it then adhered it to the dog. The white fur parts of the hat are done with snow writer (love that stuff). The little candy cane is a Jolee sticker from my stash also.






Thinking of you - This card was tricky I wanted to use browns I always want to use browns when it comes to dog scrapbook pages or cards. I guess the browns go better because of my dogs color (yellow) but I wanted to stay away from that. These 2 colors of cardstock where laying out on the desk for some reason and the light bulb went off again (wow 2 times in one day, I'm impressed). The yellow was ran through the cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder.
On both cards the scallops and circle/ovals were made on the cricut using the storybook cartridge.

13 comments:

Diane said...

Awwww!!! That thinking of you is soooo cute! The sentiment goes great with that image! Love the yellow and blue together too!

Tammi said...

These are both so very sweet!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THESE...I love dogs even though I have a cat (love them too). That image on the second one is just too adorable. Great job!

Forgetfulone said...

Yes, we know you're head over heels for Buddy, and who wouldn't be? He's adorable. Your cards are, too. Very cute! I love the texture on the 2nd one, and I really love the stamping and scallop part of the first one. I was at Michael's tonight, and I looked for pre-cut shapes like that, and they didn't have any. I'm gonna have to look at Hobby Lobby. I think I'll go scrap now!

Unknown said...

good to see you back again and glad u like the new look :) gorgeous cards thankds for playing along! had to have this theme as im dead set on getting myself a furbaby soon x

Tracey said...

Aw such cute puppy cards :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Dawn said...

Aww these are gorgeous - love the stamps and the papers you have used!

Dawn said...

Hi Chrissy
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your supportive comments re the puss!

Hugs
Dawn

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

cute lil puppy card.
Ill brighten up ur day

Melanie H said...

These are fantastic Chrissy, the images on them are so cute.

I love how you added the Santa hat and candy cane.

Lee said...

Awwww........these are just precious!!!

Catherine said...

both cards are just adorable

Carrie Ann said...

I love the doggie cards tooooo cute!

Carrie=]