BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rough Scrapbooking Day



I usually only scrapbook our son Dylan's pictures once a year and that is either around his birthday, kind of my little tribute to him. We have one photo album filled with pictures but it's just not an easy subject to scrap and I am never happy with the way the pages turn out. I bet I could have a professional scrapbooker create Dylan's album and I probably still wouldn't like it. Don't get me wrong, there is no right or wrong way to scrap. These pages are no exception they are done and they are "OK" but they are not "Great". The page on the right is of my Sister and I with Dylan (she sure was a proud Aunt look at that big smile on sister's face, one day I pray she'll be an Aunt because I know she will be an awesome one). Dylan would have been 4 years old on the 26th of this month, so hard to believe. We are blessed that we were able to spend 3 fabulous months with Dylan, but always wish it was longer. You can see more of the Dylan pages I have made here and you can see some of my favorite non scrapbook pictures of Dylan here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you give yourself the opportunity to scrap these pages even if it's hard, or you never like how they turn out. I know it's therapeutic nonetheless. These turned out great for what it's worth.

Forgetfulone said...

I know that is hard for you. The pages are beautiful, but I understand how you feel.

My dad died four years ago yesterday. I have a hard time scrapping anything with him. It's just still too hard. I can only imagine the depth of what you feel about Dylan.

Anonymous said...

Scrapbooking, as wonderful as it is, has its limits. A love for those who are lost can never fully be translated into paper...not in the same way their memories live in our hearts. I also think these pages are wonderful, but absolutely understand how they will never quite be enough in your eyes. And maybe that's as it should be...it makes your memories of Dylan all the more special because they are YOURS. His three months here were blessed as well. Brava to you for your willingness to create through the pain of loss.

Scraplin said...

Its good that you have a way to express your love in a way that he will always be remembered. Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of my mom's passing, and I tried not to dwell on it, but just thought of the good times.
I hope you can resolve your issues with your bully neighbor without it costing you very much! Its a shame he has to be the way he is and not just get along.
Have a great weekend!

Tammi said...

Sending you some hugs...

Melanie H said...

Chrissy, these pages are gorgeous.
Scrapbooking is a Art from the heart.

Hugs to you sweetie.

carolann said...

Your pages are fantastic hun sending you (hugs) hun he was such a little sweetie xoxoxoxoxo

Emily said...

OMG Sweetie, I had no idea that the 26th was his birthday. My little Marla was born on his birthday. I bet Dylan was our little angel along with my Matthew looking over Marla. Matthew's birthday is the 19th and he would have been two. I have not been able to scrap our memories of him since he died. It is still too hard. I have thought about it though. Lots of Hugs to you!!!!