BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Yummy Card - So Yummy I could eat

DISCLOSURE: EVEN THOUGH TITLE STATES "SO YUMMY I COULD EAT" THIS CARD IS NOT EDIBLE. PRODUCTS USED ARE HIGHLY TOXIC AND POISONIOUS IF EATTEN!
I wanted to try something new and different, at first I wasn't sure how it was going to turned out but I like it. I received Snow Writer for my birthday, I have used it on my layouts of Buddy's (my dog) SnowPages and liked the effect it had of snow. I have a house mouse stamp "Donut Bliss" that I wanted to try the Snow Writer on to make it look like frosting. So I colored the image in with colored pencils (including the frosting part of the donut). Then I took the snowwriter and put it over just the frosting area of the donut, once that dried(the stuff dries fairly quickly if you don't use a lot of it) I took an old paint brush and smeared cotton candy stickles over the snowwriter. I didn't have to use much snowwriter or stickles to get the look I was going for. The picture is hard to tell but if you click on it to enlarge it you may (hopefully be able to see it better) . The striped paper and Purple paper (are one in the same front and back) is from Scrapbook Walls Parlor Stripes by Chatter Box.



11 comments:

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

i luv the way u did the frosting!!
i could eat it too!
tfs
kay

Elisabeth said...

ooooooh....that is yummy looking!! That's the thing I am lacking....cool stamped images like that. I have a few SU sets but nothing as cute as Penny Black, etc. =)

Great job!

Dawn said...

Hi Chrissy, I linked you from Elisabeth's blog :-)

You did a wonderful job with that card - it looks delicious!!!

I love your heart layout below -very nice.

Crystal Ware said...

That looks great Chrissy! Very creative and so cute.

Lastel said...

Very cute !

Jean said...

That looks fabulous! Those HM are so cute.

Michelle Pearson said...

This is adorable.....the frosting is perfect!!!

laos348 said...

That looks great - perfect with the snow writer for frosting!

Annie said...

That frosting is amazing!

wendy said...

soooooo cute....I love it. But im a big house mouse fan!

Mrs. T said...

Great idea to use Snow Writer for this! It does look yummy. Love the warning not to actually eat it. :o)