BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Gabi, I mean Dora Card


Ellie's daughter Gabi is turning one January 3, Gabi and I share a birthday (my birthday is also Jan. 3 how exciting). Gabi's mom has told me that Gabi LOVES Dora so I thought a Dora birthday card would be great. I searched the internet for a Dora coloring page that I could cut and paper piece back together. I found this princess dora and knew she was the one for the card. One a time I had I would get the piece cut out and I kept losing them, Jeff was laughing at me. I must have printed out Dora at least 10 times thats how many times I was losing her pieces. I then searched the internet to get the right colors of her outfit and things, dora's princess outfit is normally yellow (from all the pictures I saw) but I wasn't feeling the yellow so I changed her outfit to be pink and purple....plus it matches the background paper better. Her pearl necklace and bracelet has bling (stickles) even though its hard to tell in the picture. Its not perfect but I think its cute. The bottom of her dress has pink ric rack!


Inside of the card reads: Happy Birthday, Gabi!

Feliz Cumpleanos!


Now I just got to get the card in the mail to my sweet little Gabi!!



4 comments:

Ellie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH OOOOOOOOOOOHHH MY GOSH>> OH YOU MADE ME CRY OH this is so beautiful OH MY GOSH CHRISSY OH MY GOSH.. OH DARLING thank you sooo much! OH its so beautiful OH ITS SO PERFECT.. OH (((HUGS))) I am sooooo going to put this in Gabi's treasure box and tell her how she loved Dora and how mama's friend who shares a B-day w/her made it just for her! OH CHRISSY THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! ((((((HUUGGGGGGSSSSS))))

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Cute... What a great thing to do. I know it will be treasured forever... She is going to love it.. I know how tedius paper piecing can be..

Great color choice and I LOVE the BLING....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and cute. :) What a lovely think to do. :)
Happy New Year.
Vanessa.

atelierlemonfrog.blogspot.com said...

What a cute B-card for a little girlie...and btw, my sweetheart Tobi and his twin-brother share the birthday with u, too....so I have to think to a lot of people I have to give B-greetings to...*lol*